Caloric Deficit
As I weightlift and eat healthily, I am also maintaining a caloric deficit. A caloric deficit is the best way to lose fat. As I approach my goal weight, I am focusing on hitting my protein goals, eating nutritious foods, and staying in the deficit. When utilizing a deficit to lose weight, its crucial that you do not deprive yourself of enough calories. As an active person, my calorie limit needs to meet my needs so that I can stay energized and have optimal results.
Randy great post! I also eat in a caloric deficit as I continue to lose weight. I always focus on hitting my protein and carb goals on a daily basis, but I stress more of my protein goals. I believe a caloric deficit is a very efficient way to lose weight and it's my favorite one. Great post with a lot of detail.
ReplyDeleteHey Randy, I enjoyed reading your blog about a caloric deficit. You are completely right; a caloric deficit is a great way to lose fat and approach a weight loss goal or to become way more lean. I liked how you brought up that it is crucial not to deprive yourself of calories during a deficit because a lot of people think that eating hardly anything will help lose fat but that is not the case. Your body still needs the proper caloric intake to energize the body and help recover quicker. This can still be done by lowering your caloric intake but not to an extremely low level. I really liked what you said in this post, it is definitely accurate!
ReplyDeleteBeing at a caloric deficit is pretty much the only way you are going to lose weight. You can achieve a caloric deficit in a number of ways, such as eating less, or working out more to burn calories (not recommended), but in order for your weight to go down, you simply have to be in a deficit. Generally speaking, just dropping around 200-500 daily calories from your maintenance level is a great recipe to lose weight sustainably.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading this because I have been purposefully on a calorie deficit to lose body fat. This taught me difference between being hungry and knowing when its time for me to eat. I would eat twice a day and 10 hours in between each time I ate. I stayed hydrated and learned about foods that where effective and healthy for me to exert more energy for me throughout workouts. I also take a multi vitamin to keep my overall health in check as well.
ReplyDeleteHey Randy, I thought this blog was very well put together. I think it's very important to understand their bodies and how many calories they need to function, gain, or lose weight. It's also very important to hit your protein goals when in a caloric deficit to feel satiated for as long as possible.
ReplyDelete